Thursday, March 5, 2009

Glass, Plastic purses, copic markers

It was an errand day yesterday.  I was cancelled at the surgery, hoo.  (New situation for me, I guess with our new economic era I must adjust.)  Patients do not want to pay co-pays so here I am with no work.  I spent the day running...first stop at a shop named Bits and Pieces a country collectible shop...nice.  I found some small colored plastic purses...the plan:  to decorate and place Easter cards inside.  Second stop: Stained Glass Shop to buy scrap glass.  Done.  Now if I can continue with the plan to make collages.  I saw some awesome collages at the art festival a few weeks ago in Mount Dora.  They had clay, stained glass, words, etc. mounted on canvas...the wheels are turning.  Thirdly, I stopped at Masterpiece Fine Art Store and picked up two Copic Markers, they have a limited amount of markers and the owner said that's it for the inventory.  In the future he will order them as needed (he must be on the Obama plan.)  I saw a nurse agency next door.  I popped in and picked up an application for another back-up plan for work.  I have food to buy and trillions of tax $ to pay back.  On to Chick Fillet for a kid's meal...Did you know you can trade the fries for fruit and best of all the toy for small dish of ice cream, oh yeah!  To Uniform City for new uniforms (the surgery center provided us with a voucher).  I spent the afternoon picking out uniforms, I purchased four and on to the Dr.'s appointment.  Next stop Dunkin Donuts for a good cup of coffee.  Went into Sam's Club and picked up my contact order that took forever as they where on back order.  Stopped at the food stand in Sam's and picked up a 16" fresh baked pizza to take home for dinner.  Headed north for home stopping by Nursecore to find out the job market for a midnight shift with Hospice.  Carolyn (the scheduler) had not heard from Hospice so she put a call in, yes they had a midnight shift for me.  I have certainly found out in my years that one must be pro-active to take care of one's self.  Went home ate the pizza and to bed by 6pm, up at 830pm to prepare for my midnight shift.  Off to work at 1115pm, have to get report and count narcotics before the off-going nurse leaves.  Busy night and thankfully my on-coming nurse was thoughtful and arrived at 745am to get report and count with me.  I was out the door at 8am.  I met the husband and a visiting relative for breakfast at the Chatterbox.  Home to sleep.  They left the restaurant and drove to Tampa, Ruskin area to Big Ben: a power plant with a staging dock to view Manatees.  The Manatees come up into the canal area for the run off water from the power plant which is warm.  They went on to Ruskin to a outside fish house for lunch.  They returned with a fish sandwich for me...yum.  I heard the phone recorder I work tomorrow at the surgery center at 8am. thank goodness.  I did sign up at Nursecore for a midnight shift on Saturday night since I have missed two days work this week (Wed and Thurs), for the third week in a row.  God Bless us, I need to eat and scrap.  Have a good day Tampa Bay.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!!! You are so busy!!!! and sorry to hear the economy problems are hitting you...I have been very lucky to have a full time job, but you are have to look out for yourself and be very proactive!!