Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Korea

What a life!
11:20 am, August 13, 2009 took off from Atlanta for Seoul, South Korea.    Arrived in Korea after an eighteen hour flight.  Wow, what an experience.  I tried to get a first class ride but no success.
Rollie booked my flight on line for a reasonable price considering a ride across the world.  So I looked into upgrading at the travel agency, ugh, $9000...don't think so.  So when I arrived in Atlanta I checked again, just maybe...nope the reservation clerk just assured me it would be thousands to upgrade, okay I lose.  
Actually, it wasn't so bad, I can say that now.  I rode in a three seat row on the aisle, a must, with the seat next to me empty and a young man seated by the window.  Zach, the young man by the window was headed to Seoul for his first assignment in the Army.
I flew Korean Air which was quite impressive.  They constantly served soft drinks and snacks via tray, no annoying cart wheeling up and down the aisle.  They served two hot meals with wine included.  A few sips of the Korean wine and I decided quickly I did not want to be intoxicated at 32,000 feet.  
About eight hours into the flight the ted hose (medical hose to prevent blood clots) came off, my legs where so uncomfortable, so I took two Tylenol PMs.  I joined some others in the back of the airplane for middle of  the night stretches after a tour of first class and glaring at those lucky people in their drop down seat beds.  Back to the seat and my legs felt better but no sleep.  So I took another Tylenol PM, okay I took another.  Number four was my limit, I slept a good solid hour without hearing anything.  But after one hour...wide awake.  My legs didn't hurt!

The story continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment